Friday, April 15, 2016

Special Acrylic Painting Techniques on Rayon - Triassic Prints III

This is the last acrylic painting of the tiny Fossils series - Triassic Prints III. I am collecting minerals, crystals and fossils. But not only that I am also digging them up when I find the time and the right place. It is so much fun and very relaxing. The name comes from the imprints of fossils you can often find in stones. Ferns are the oldest plants on our earth - I just love them because they are ancient, reminiscent of life that is millions of years old and that has survived since.

This series about Fossils started with a special painting technique I am using normally on silk only - dye resist painting. This means the shadowy patterns of the ferns have been created with dye paint resists in several layers just similar to the batik techniques only that instead of wax a water soluble gel has been used. It was an experiment because this technique is commonly used on thin cloth such as silk or cotton batiste not on rather thick rayon fabric I used here.


"Triassic Prints III"
40" x 13"
Acrylic on Rayon
 Here are some details again....





I have also added an image of an example how this painting could look like mounted on a sophisticated frame. There are endless possibilities....



~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...